“i Podcast della Controinformazione” is a normal WordPress website with audio posts and information pages.
The difference is “behind the shenes”, where some bash scripts essentially does:
- Save raw web radio audio stream on disk.
- Convert the track in mp3 format and add tags (title, album, artist and genre) for correct visualization in the media players.
- Upload the mp3 file to web space.
Using this automation is possible to record many podcasts as you want, from different sources, each with a custom script. The website admin work will only to verify the audio working correctly and then make the post.
- Operating System: Raspbian (based on Debian 9.1).
- Audio stream recording: Streamripper.
- Editing and audio conversion: SoX, avconv.
- Mp3 tagging: operon.
- Raspberry Pi 3.